COUNTRYSIDE DIARIES


















Countryside Diaries: 2011-2014, Limburg, Netherlands

2011-2014. These are all taken at the countryside where the parents of my step-mother at the time had their house and a piece of land with two ponies and a dog. Together with my dad, my brother and my dog we'd often visit their place and, as a girl from a big city, it was a place where I always reconnected with the land and the animals. I woke up as early as possible to be surrounded by cows, dogs, horses and insects the entire day. I came home to have dinner and quickly disappeared again. Between taking the horses for a ride in the forest and laying in the grass surrounded by 30 cows, I took my camera with me to take snapshots and specifically show the emotions and feelings behind the curious eyes of those animals. I wanted to capture their spirit. When I look back at these photos, they breathe nostalgia for me, and a longing to go back to a beautiful and peaceful place like this where time always stood still for me.